09 January, 2013

Day 9


Crack pot

This time I mixed two different types of clay, majolica and brown.
This particular brown clay has 25 % of chamotte and the grain size is 0-0,2 mm.
Again, I overlaid the inside of the pot.
 This time with white clay.
*Click for larger image

I persisted in creating cracks while at the same time
 I had difficulty with forming the shape and I am not satisfied with this one.
It cracked a litte bit too much.
At one moment it almost fell apart complerely but I saved it!
This happens when you have problems with control
 and when you are not able to stop at the right moment.

UPDATE: Fired pot
*Click for larger image

The edge of the pot was to thick so it cracked at some points during 
drying. I then tore it completely so it can be equal.





No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?